Monday, November 8, 2010

WE'VE BEEN MATCHED


Match Day....November 4, 2010! We were matched with our baby girl today. She is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. We've decided to name her Rylyn MacKenzie Darley. We couldn't be happier. I got the call around 10:30am but didn't realize until my planning period what I had missed! As I listened to Ted's voicemail tell me that he was calling from the Home of God's Love orphanage and asking me to call back (informing me to be aware of the 12 hour time difference). My heart pounded, my hands were shaky...I knew it was the moment we had been waiting for. I tried calling Greg about 57 times but he wouldn't answer his phone. I called him from 11:00am until 6:00pm. I called him until my cell phone went dead. I even borrowed a phone from one of the YMCA workers I work with and still....no answer. I had to get a ride home since I was still on pain medicine from my surgery so when I got home I'm not going to lie..I wasn't a happy camper. I opened the door...heard the oven on....and opened up the closed door to the nursery. When I opened up the door, there was Greg on the floor with roses everywhere. A video recorder video taping my every reaction and a picture of our beautiful baby girl in the crib! Wow! The joy I felt was unreal. Then Greg gave me a silver pendant written in Mandarin Chinese that said mother and sweet letter that he had written. Then I got to hear all the beautiful details.

Born July 26, 2010 at 7:00am
Weight: 7lbs 1/2 ounce
20 inches long

Arrived at the HOGL 2 weeks ago. A beautiful healthy baby girl who doesn't like to sleep much. ; )
And just like that...I am a mom. Such an incredible gift that God chose to give us. I am amazed. We've been told that from this point the wait will be about 4 months or until we will be able to fly to Taiwan and get our daughter. We are so thankful that she is being loved and cared for so so well. We couldn't ask for a better orphanage and we are so thankful for our neighbor Laura for telling us about it!

4 comments:

  1. Words cannot describe how happy I am for you two!! She is so precious and I know you'll be very happy having her as your daughter :) Ha about the winky smiley face! She is doing much better tonight...fell asleep at 8pm and it's 3am and she's still asleep! (minus one bottle feeding around 1am) Unfortunately, I don't think I'll still be here when you come, but I hope one day to maybe meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! THOGL is an amazing place. We came home in April with our sweet baby boy. I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I just noticed she has a tiny dimple on her chin just like Libby. You can only see Libby's when she smiles real big ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet sweet move on his part. I am sure you were soooo happy and so relieved you knew why the heck he wasn't answering the phone, I would have been upset too:) Congrats! What a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete